WMSC aligns its Recreational program with Ontario Soccer’s Long Term Player Development (LTPD) program. LTPD is about putting the player first and offering age-appropriate opportunities for kids to enjoy the game of soccer. Making the game fun is key in teaching and coaching so that players will continue in the game and may even coach or referee as they get older.
See below to find the program that is right for your child
|U3 to U6 Active Start||U7 & U8 FUNdamentals|
|U9 to U12 Learn to Train||U13 – U17 Soccer for Life|
- WMSC’s exclusive online registration provider is Power Up Sports.
- All families must register online.
- Returning families from the previous season must use the same profile to register their child.
- New members should first click the ‘Sign Up’ option to create themselves a profile. Follow the steps, and once you’ve set up your family, you can register for the programs that are active.
- WMSC Refund Policy
- Please refer to our Registration How-To document for further instruction on completing your registration.
- Spots in the program are filled on a first-come, first served basis and are not guaranteed.
- Families are invited to review the Club’s F.A.Q. available HERE;
- Proof of age is required for all NEW families to the Club. Please submit to the office within 2 weeks of registration or before program start.
- All NSF payments are subject to a $40 fee. The player will be placed on a team only after the full fee has been received by the Club and if space is still available.
WMSC will make every effort to accommodate placement on a team with ONE other registered player if submitted by the March 15th deadline. All teammate requests must be one-to-one reciprocated requests. Should you have special circumstances or medical conditions that merit special consideration, please provide a note in writing once your registration has been completed. WMSC Teammate Request Policy
WMSC uses volunteer coaches for our Recreational House League soccer programs. Volunteering is a terrific way to get involved in soccer while at the same time supporting your club and your community. A coaching jersey is provided to all coaches.
If you are interested in volunteering as a coach for recreational soccer, choose the VOLUNTEER NOWoption in your family account in Power UP. Coaches, if you are not the primary account holder in the Power Up registration system, you are required to have an individual account with a unique email address. Once you have created your profile you can volunteer with the club by clicking the VOLUNTEER NOW in the main menu. Returning coaches – please use your current coaching profile.
Check our Coaching Resources page for practices appropriate for your age group.
- Each player U4 and up receive a complete uniform (shirt, socks, shorts)
- Each player in U3 receives a jersey only
- Shin pads are mandatory for all ages.
- Outdoor soccer cleats must be worn. Running shoes may be worn for soccer fun.
- No jewellery is permitted on the field, excluding medical alert bracelets. For greater clarity, taping of jewellery (ie. earrings) is not permitted.
FAMILY RATE DISCOUNT
Families registering three (3) or more players in the Club’s Recreational Program/Competitive Program are entitled to a base discount of $20 per player. If you are eligible for this Family Rate Discount, the online registration system will automatically apply the discount.
The City of Waterloo Fee Assistance Leisure Access Program is a program of financial support for permanent residents with low income living in Waterloo, that helps individuals participate in City of Waterloo recreational and affiliated minor sport and arts programs. The assistance is given in the form of a credit to eligible individuals. Eligibility is based on total family income. Waterloo Minor Soccer Club wishes to acknowledge the contributions of Canadian Tire Foundation for Families Jumpstart Program. Click below for more details.
** Please click on the logo for more information **