Fernando became the club’s Match Official Manager in 2023. He is the point of contact for referee-related matters, engaging with parents, coaches, and managers as necessary. Under the guidance of the Executive and Technical Director, Fernando leads programs in line with Ontario Soccer’s Long-Term Officials Development model. As the Head Referee, Fernando monitors all aspects concerning club referees, ensuring their recruitment, education, retention, development, and training within the Club.
Fernando commands a wealth of knowledge and experience in the soccer industry as a referee, and also as a coach.
- Active referee with experience in different categories ( KDSL, OPDL, Regional, District, OUA and OCCA)
- Experience as Coach and assistant coach in the Waterloo Soccer House League
- Brings 18 years of experience as a Network Administrator at Blackberry
- Proud Military Veteran, serving 19 years in the Colombian Forces
- Holds a Bachelor’s in Business Administration