Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), ages 3-18, are invited to attend 10-weeks of soccer with the Waterloo Stars Adaptive Soccer Program this fall. This program will be hosted by the Waterloo Minor Soccer Club at Bechtel Park. Siblings, ages 3-18 are also invited to join in on the fun!
Waterloo Stars is an adaptive program for children ages 3-18 offering a positive experience playing soccer.
Waterloo Minor Soccer Club would like to thank Autism Ontario for their support of this program.
Children will go through warm-up exercises, break out into skills training and then end with a short game. We take cues from the child, siblings, and parents with activities ranging from balancing balls, Frisbees, volleyballs, softer balls, hula hoops, smaller nets, etc. It can be a very diverse hour, but it is an hour of physical activity.
- Spaces are limited. Pre-registration is required.
- Shin pads are mandatory for all participants.
- All players will receive a full uniform (shirt, shorts, socks) and soccer ball.
- Siblings must be registered with the program to participate.
- Supervision of children/youth at this Social Learning Opportunity is the sole responsibility of parents/guardians and caregivers; childcare will not be provided.
- Caregivers must remain present and must participate with their children each week.
** Due to allergies and sensitivities, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, aftershave, or scented products such as hairspray or lotion **
HOW TO REGISTER
All players and siblings must register through WMSC’s registration provider, PowerUp prior to the first session on October 13th.
Cost: $30 for the 10-week program broken down as follows:
- $10 payable to Eventbrite. Parents associated with Autism Ontario will need to register through Eventbrite as well as WMSC’s registration provider – PowerUp.
- $20 payable to WMSC. Payment must be made through PowerUp by October 12th. Payments will not be accepted at the field.
Eventbrite refunds will not be issued for cancellations after Jan 6, 2019, at 5 pm. Click here for WMSC’s refund policy.
Our 10-week program will be held this fall on the following dates:
**Parents must participate with their children on the field**
Can I bring my other children (ages 3-18) with me to the soccer sessions?
- Yes, please do! Please make sure you register them too!
- We will get the siblings to assist us and involve them in the game
- Please keep in mind there is a limit of one sibling per child allowed
Do I need to participate with my children each week?
- Yes! This is an activity for the whole family and we will rely on you to guide us on focus and the activity each week
**Please note shin pads are required. Parents must provide shin guards for all participating children with ASD and siblings**